Sunday, October 5, 2008

Halloween Horror Nights 2008 designs

Juggles, a chainsaw juggling clown who has cut himself many times in the head.
Slicey, who's head has been cut in half and is sliding apart.
Dead Queen Victoria, was really happy with this design and am so glad the mask sculpters kept the exposed skull parts on top of her head!
Dead Concession stand girl, dead on!
Chop top, he also has nubbins from Texas Chainsaw Massacre part 2, but does not in the photo.

Woo! Finally get to post some of my designs from Halloween Horror Nights, now that the event has begun I can put em up. Working at Universal is an awesome experience, it's taught me a TON. Work with some great people and great artists. I learned a lot about doing concept art for costumes and masks, keeping in mind the actors who would be wearing them. I'm so happy with how they turned out, they look awesome! As you can seen, as it is with film and games, things change from the original concepts, but for the most part, as u can see in the photos, theyre pretty spot on! Thanks again Chris and John, you guys rock.

6 comments:

Lebanezer Scrooge said...

These are rad!

Devon Whitehead said...

thanks a bunch!

Cliff Childs said...

Hey those costumes turned out to be very close to your concepts...sweeeeet!

Lucas Culshaw said...

Great work this year! I'm going the third weekend to check it out.

Devon Whitehead said...

Thanks Lucas! I learned a ton from you! Cant wait for next year

Alicia Ruby said...

OMG. These are so awesome. I love it, a friend of mine is the one play Juggles...